In all areas of activity Interlink Packaging UK Ltd will seek to have a positive impact upon the environment. We will pro-actively try to reduce our customers’ use of stretch film, so reducing packaging waste.
Environmental Impact of Products
As a specialist supplier of pallet stretch films Interlink Packaging will contribute positively to the environment, through promoting the use of stronger thinner stretch films. This will bring many environmental benefits.
Reducing Customers Stretch Film waste
- Through Machine / Hand High Performance Films we will aim to reduce our customers’ use of stretch film and waste generated by 50%, while maintaining load protection.
- Through introducing Power Pre Stretch Machines to suitable automatic wrapping applications we can reduce customer’s use of stretch film and waste generated by weight by 50%.
Reducing Customers Corrugated Waste
- Through having hand reels twice the length of conventional stretch films; we can reduce cardboard core waste by 50%.
- Our new Coreless Pre Stretched Hand Film removes the need for inner cardboard cores.
- We will promote the use of unboxed / bulk supply of our stretch film products to reduce corrugated waste.
Reducing Vehicle Trips / Fuel emissions
- Through having hand reels twice the length and half the weight of conventional stretch films we can reduce the delivery frequency by 50%, reducing diesel emissions.
- Packaging should be fit for purpose at all times, but not excessive.
Environmental Impact of Suppliers
Interlink Packaging UK Ltd will work with suppliers who contribute positively to the environment in their area of activity.